Saturday, December 18, 2010

Deepika Padukone's new film


Deepika padukone portrays Kalpana Datta in Ashutosh Gowariker's forthcoming film Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey. In the film, Deepika plays a girl who's from a rich, influential family, independent, educated and has an interest in the science of making explosives.

Deepika padukone on Abhi ...
I had a wonderful time working with Abhishek. He is much senior to me in the industry and it was a learning experience to share the frame with him.

On the film ...
The film made me aware about some really important incidents. If I would have lived in that period, I'd have been a part of the freedom struggle.

Now after doing the film, I am surprised that so many people are still unaware of the Chittagong Uprising, about Surjya and his several associates. People are aware of other revolutionaries but not Surjya Sen. It is shocking how he has been overlooked.

Special homework ... .
We had little idea of how Kalpana looked or carried herself. Manini Chatterjee took keen interest in the movie making process as well. I completely surrendered myself to my director to bring out the best in me.

I had to go the de-glam way to portray Kalpana Datta. I dressed up like the common Bengali village girls and used to ride bicycle wearing sari. In a period film, if you fail to carry the look right, the entire effort is a waste. Off camera, Abhishek and others used to tease me for my avatar, especially for those pigtails.

Do you like wearing sari?
Sari is just the right attire that can bring out the sensuality in any woman. I love wearing them, even flaunted one at Cannes. (Courtesy-TOI)



No comments:

Post a Comment